about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

in print // christmas stitching in international magazines

in print // christmas stitching

It's always an honor to contribute patterns and projects to publications around the world. And while I work on these kinds of projects at different times throughout the year, right now I happen to have things in three UK-based magazines at the same time. And all are Christmas themed!

That means that in the spring I started on Christmas embroidery, but you know what? It's actually a lot of fun to turn on the Christmas music in May and get some holiday crafting in! I may never do that without the push of a deadline, but I like it when it happens.

The first magazine project that I started on was for Love Patchwork & Quilting, a favorite of mine.

in print // christmas stitching

It doesn't matter how many times I get something published, it's always exciting. And it might be a little vain, but yes, I was quite proud to see my photo within the first couple pages. And next to Sedef of Down Grapevine Lane, whose work I respect so much.

in print // christmas stitching

My project in Love Patchwork & Quilting might look a little familiar if you've been following Wild Olive a little while. It's based on some ornaments that I made last Christmas, but with all new patterns. And while you can't see it here, it gave me a chance to use some really cute Christmas fabrics for the backs of these.

in print // christmas stitching

Being a Mollie, any opportunity to create for Mollie Makes is pretty perfect. And their Christmas issues are always amazing. I mean, just look at that pom pom wreath!

in print // christmas stitching

For this issue, I made an embroidered sweatshirt that looks a bit like a Christmas sweater. I worked with DMC's Matte Cotton, and it worked so well for this. If you look closely, you'll see that the trees even have little faces. They're subtle, but they're there!

in print // christmas stitching

And for something completely different, I also had the pleasure and challenge of designing cross stitch charts for Cross Stitch Crazy magazine. See them there at the upper right corner?

in print // christmas stitching

For this I designed 35 patterns...it was so much fun! Especially because I don't usually work on patterns or artwork like this. But I did some a couple years ago, and since I made these Christmas designs, I've had the opportunity to make a few more for future issues. Can't wait to share more soon!

I'm so thankful to these fantastic publications for inviting me to contribute. And thank you for letting me share these with you! All of these should be on US shelves by now, or if not yet, definitely as digital copies.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I always enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you! So very awesome! Love your talent and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So happy for you! Blessings, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! your work is always so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Love the cross stitch patterns. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your patterns! I made the sweatshirt and the Holiday hexie ornaments. I even used them as the basis to make some college themed ones for an ornament exchange.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!