about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

guinea pig stitching memes (and a new embroidery pattern)

you should be stitching

Wheek! I'm seriously becoming a full-on crazy guinea pig lady. But I can't help it. Any time I share a photo of my sweet piggy pets online people have the sweetest things to say, so really it's their fault for encouraging me.

Speaking of encouraging, not long after the photos of Captain Cuddles and Lieutenant Nibbles made their way into my Instagram and Twitter feeds, my friend Heather borrowed one to make a meme. A meme of Nibbles reminding me to get back to my stitching.

Whenever I get distracted from my stitching work, I now think of my furry friend and her stern, but helpful words. You should be stitching. (My furry friend being Lieutenant Nibbles, not Heather...)

you can do it! pick up that project and start stitching!

More memes followed, and now it's becoming a thing where I start to picture my piggies saying cheeky things about sewing and embroidery. In the event that you need some guinea pig stitch coaching, I thought I'd share these images here. Feel free to share them online if you'd like!

finish one project before you start another
did you seriously just buy more floss?
do we smell stitching progress? wheeek!
feed me now. stitch later.
you do not want to start a new project

Cuddles is using the Force on that last one. Do guinea pig Jedi mind tricks work on you?

If you have any suggestions for guinea pig captions (perhaps we need some sewing/fabric ones?), please post them in the comments!

Wheek Embroidery Pattern

Just after my guinea pigs came to live at my house, I started sketching up an embroidery pattern of them. It took me a while to finally finish it, but it's in my shop now! For just $2.00 you get two variations on the pattern so you can stitch a smooth or curly piggy, wheeking out for a yummy snack!

9 comments:

  1. How cute! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fave memories from when I was young and had guinea pigs, was the time a carrot was put between one of them and a rabbit. The carrot was quickly tossed over the guinea pigs back, upon which he turned to eat, leaving the bunny to sit and wonder where the carrot went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave memories from when I was young and had guinea pigs, was the time a carrot was put between one of them and a rabbit. The carrot was quickly tossed over the guinea pigs back, upon which he turned to eat, leaving the bunny to sit and wonder where the carrot went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny and cute, that's always a winner. Fab patterns too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I miss having a guinea pig around, they are just too sweet! And I"ll have to check out that pattern, I have a friend who would adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Embroidery Patterns I really loved it :) can you please show me more designs as well ? I really like looking new designs of embroidery and I want to appreciate you for sharing this article with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mollie, I think your guinea pigs are absolutely correct (and very cute by the way...). The one which struck me the most was not to start a new embroidery project before I had finished the current project (guilty :() - there are just too many lovely options and designs out there and I find it very hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!